In helping my clients switch to a new website, I often have to coach them through the process of adding a new user to their Google Webmaster Tools account, especially now that Google Webmaster Tools has recently upgraded it’s appearance. So, I decided to write this step-by-step guide with screenshots to help my clients (and readers) with the process.
How to Add a User to Your Existing Google Webmaster Tools Account
1. Log into your Google Webmaster Tools account at:
2. See the “Home” screen on the left sidebar of your Dashboard.
3. Click on the drop-down arrow next to the ‘Manage Site’ button of the website you wish to add a new User to. (You may only have 1 site listed on your dashboard, or several like the example above.)
4. This will bring you to the ‘Verification Details’ screen for that particular website. This screen shows the Verification Attempts history for the account, as well as listing the Verified Owners. Scroll to the bottom of this screen and click the ‘Add an Owner’ button in the lower left corner.
6. The User you just added will now appear in the Verification History section.
If you want to remove a User, just return to this Verification Details screen, and click the ‘Unverify’ link next to that User’s email address on the list of Verified Owners.
I hope this was a helpful and useful guide to those who are new to navigating Google Webmaster Tools!