The Focal Impulse Experience
In 2009, I founded a boutique alternative photo studio with a mission: to give everyday women a truly glamorous and luxurious "model-for-a-day" experience, to boost their confidence, and to let them have a little fun "playing dress-up."
Over and over again, our customers were delighted to realize that they are just as beautiful as the celebrities they admire in magazines once they get the same treatment (professional hair & makeup, lighting & posing, and Photoshop retouching).
"I wish I looked like Cindy Crawford!"
This was a passion project for me. I built this company from the ground up, utilizing self-directed strategies, and did so on a shoestring budget entirely during flex time. My work included:
- Creating & implementing online marketing & lead generation strategies (SEO, social media, blogger outreach & networking, email marketing, paid promotions)
- Writing all content for website pages, blog posts, social posts, customer guides, company correspondence, etc.
- Logo design, branding, messaging; designed all advertisements & web graphics
- Designing custom gift products including layouts, selecting materials & vendors (custom faux magazines, boudoir books and calendars, CDs, folios, wall art, and more), including setting pricing and packaging
- Creating service packages, including pricing & designing promotional offers
- Acting as client liaison, responsible for communications, scheduling, sales & CRM
- Event planning including vendor and venue relationship management
- Accounting, business management, employee management
- Acting as photo shoot stylist, modeling coach, and second photographer
Please note, Focal Impulse Studio is now closed. Thank you to our loyal customers!